The starting point for your development project, and the starting point of your journey with GRM.
Phase I Desk Studies
Phase I Desk Studies are generally a requirement for validation of planning applications. They should also be considered as part of the due diligence process for all property transactions.
Despite the name (‘Desk Studies’), we will also visit the site and undertake a Walkover Survey. This will allow our engineers to confirm any issues or concerns above ground and acquire supplementary information to add to the final report.
Desk Studies are sometimes called Preliminary Risk Assessments, which more accurately describes what they are designed to do, namely:
- Undertake a review of geological, environmental and historical information in relation to the site and the immediate surrounding area.
- Identify any issues that may impact the development of the site including environmental factors, ground related hazards, and contamination sources.
- Provide a report and conceptual model which includes preliminary development recommendations and advice on further works required for the cost-effective reduction of risks.
- Recommend future work that may be required as part of Phase II Site Investigations.
GRM uses industry guidance which includes:
- Land Contamination: Risk Management (LCRM, Published 8th October 2020).
- BS 10175:2011+A2:2017, Investigation of Potentially Contaminated Sites.
To discuss any requirements you might have for a Phase I Desk Study, or any other service, please complete the contact form below or call us directly on 01283 551249.