Save time, cost and your environmental footprint with our innovative new CUSTOM FIT Foundation Design service.
The Design Team at GRM continue to look for new ways to improve both products and price for clients. We are therefore proud to have recently launched our innovative CUSTOM FIT pricing model for foundation designs.
Our CUSTOM FIT model is based on a primary Key Plan and Schedule, with add-on components available for inclusion on a case by case basis, e.g. tree planting, tanking, and drainage. This innovative approach saves both time and cost for developers.
The new model is still underpinned by our industry leading Four Corner Stepped Design process. This not only ensures the very highest NHBC standards, but also reduces the amount of concrete required by up to 30% per plot (an estimated saving of £500 per housing plot*).
Developers also benefit from our in-house engineering geologists, structural engineers, and inspectors. Their expertise and input into the design process significantly reduces the risk for developers and potential for remedial costs.
Our Design Services form part of the GRM end-to-end approach which is based on a single point of contact developers and landowners throughout the lifecycle of their project. This saves time, cost, confusion and blame, while at the same time ensuring maximum commercial return for the development.
Examples of recent GRM news stories related to foundation designs and structural engineering services can be found via the following links:
- Foundation Design: Tackling Soil Desiccation for Low-Rise Housing
- A Reminder: Hot Weather, Clay Soils and Building Foundations Don’t Always Mix!
- Report Raises Concerns over Unapproved Structural Designs
- Understanding the Impact of Existing and New Trees on Building Foundations
- Collaborative Approach to Culvert and Earthworks Build
- GRM Launches CUSTOM FIT Foundation Design Service
To discuss any requirements you might have for Design Services, or any other service, please complete the contact form below or call us directly on 01283 551249.
* Comparative modelling of uniform vs 4 corner stepped design on a per plot basis across a typical housing development. Savings calculated on C20/C25 concrete costs of £100 per m3.
“GRM is our go-to consultant for environmental, geotechnical and foundation design advice because they are solutions driven and we know that based on their advice we will be in a much better position when it comes to land value negotiations.” Partner, Catesby Estates Plc
“We have been using their foundation design team for over 10 years now. They have an in-depth knowledge of how real-world construction takes place which means we trust their judgement and recommendations.” Technical Director, David Wilson Homes