GRM has formed a valued relationship with structural engineers The Alan Johnston Partnership which has seen us collaborate on over 50 projects together, frequently with VINCI Construction.
We are therefore familiar with the intricacies of undertaking walkovers and intrusive investigations on live sites where multiple stakeholders including staff, patients (including vulnerable children and adults) and the general public need to be engaged and managed. We have particular expertise of undertaking investigations in courtyards which are to be infilled.
One development we were particularly pleased to be involved with was Junction 17 Unit at Prestwich Hospital which at the time was one of the largest specialist teenage mental health in-patient units in the UK. The work undertaken by this unit has been featured in a BBC3 documentary.
Examples of other hospital projects that GRM have been involved with include:
- Aintree University Hospital: Desk study and ground condition survey
- Christie Unit at Macclesfield Hospital: Soakaway testing
- Lincoln Hospital: Peter Hodgkinson Centre (Mental Health) extension
- North Manchester General Hospital: Data Management Centre
- Royal Bolton Hospital: A&E infill
- Royal Bolton, Chesterfield, Oldham, Blackburn and Walsall Hospitals: A&E extensions
- Royal Oldham and Royal Liverpool Hospitals: Multi-Storey Car Park construction
- Royal Stoke Hospital: LINAC bunker