Our Design team at GRM has grown significantly over the past few years and now forms an integral part of the end to end support we offer to developers.
Budget Foundation Schedules
GRM regularly provide bespoke budget foundation schedules after the Phase II Investigation stage so that abnormal foundation costs can be estimated.
Whilst not for design purposes, a budget foundation schedule will detail for each plot:
- Foundation types.
- Average foundation depths.
- Recommended floor slab construction.
- Potential for deepened foundations due to trees and heave precautions
- Potential hazards.
Budget schedules can be produced quickly from limited information so that the viability of a scheme can be quickly assessed. Budget schedules are particularly useful during land acquisition.
Examples of recent GRM news stories related to foundation designs can be found via the following links:
- Understanding the Impact of Existing and New Trees on Building Foundations
- Foundation Design: Tackling Soil Desiccation for Low-Rise Housing
- A Reminder: Hot Weather, Clay Soils and Building Foundations Don’t Always Mix!
- Report Raises Concerns over Unapproved Structural Designs
To discuss any requirements you might have for Design Services, or any other service, please complete the contact form below or call us directly on 01283 551249.