Landowners and developers need to be fully aware of potential issues with mining, and GRM has a specialist team with extensive experience of coal mining and mining in general.
Treatment of Mine Workings
To prevent post development subsidence, our team of engineer’s design drill and grout schemes to fill the voids in shallow mine workings and entries. This is undertaken by drilling holes on a regular grid and injecting PFA/cement grout. These schemes can also include capping mine shafts.
GRM can offer either Fixed or Variable Price remedial schemes.
Fixed price remediation, which is all inclusive of obtaining Coal Mining Authority permissions, treatment required, supervising and managing all site works and submitting a completion report to the Coal Authority can be attractive to our clients who require the comfort that a fixed price remedial scheme provides, where the risk element all lies with GRM.
Whilst fixed price remedial schemes suit some of our clients, we are also happy to accommodate those that require a more formal tendering regime. For those clients, we offer to:
- Design cost-effective treatment schemes.
- Prepare bill of quantities and tenders.
- Organise and manage competitive tenders.
- Supervise and manage the site works.
- Check and approve payment requests.
Examples of recent GRM news stories related to mine workings can be found via the following links:
- Unrecorded Mine Shaft Required Specialist Treatment
- On the Hunt for Hidden Mine Shafts
- Expect the Unexpected
- GRM Save Time and Costs during Drill and Grout Works
- Unrecorded Mine Workings Provide Challenging Case Study
- Coal Mine Closures Continue…
To discuss any requirements you might have for Mining Services, or any other service, please complete the contact form below or call us directly on 01283 551249.