Interesting read in UK Construction Online covering The Department of Education £7 billion school building programme, and the tender process for firms who want to be considered to support the delivery. Decisions are expected in the autumn, with over £1 billion of the funding released this year for the first 50 projects.
This is good news for the whole construction sector, not only the key players who will be awarded the main contracts. GRM prides itself on working closely with consultants and constructors in the education sector, undertaking hundreds of projects ranging from small single-storey extensions to new school builds. Examples of projects for which we have provided investigation and geotechnical services include:
- Bury College – STEM building, sports hall and construction skills building.
- Cardinal Newman College – 3 phases including the new pavilion.
- Derbyshire County Council – 19 school extensions.
- Edge Hill University – 7 phases including multi-storey halls of residence, sports hall and media building.
- Essex County Council & Entrust (Staffordshire) – multiple new school sites.
- Leeds Metropolitan University – multi-storey halls of residence and creative arts building.
- University of Warwick – WMG workshop.
If you have any development or construction projects, then please get in touch to find out how we can help and save both time and costs. Please use your main point of contact at GRM or for new enquiries email email@example.com or call 01283 551249. Alternatively, use the Contact Us form on our website.