Earthworks are often required as part of a development for a number of reasons such as:
- Raising ground levels as part of flood alleviation schemes.
- Creation of noise and landscape bunds.
- Infilling of excavations such as quarries
- Creation of stable development platforms.
- Re-engineering of soils as part of a contamination remediation scheme.
- Slope stabilisation
As part of the earthworks design process GRM can also carry out the following:
- Ground investigation allied to geotechnical laboratory testing to provide the parameters required in order to preparation earthworks specifications.
- Preparation of method specifications.
- Preparation of performance specifications.
- Criteria for suitability of fill.
- Method Statements.
- Supervision of the earthworks.
- Compliance testing.
- Earthworks completion reports.
- Estimation and mitigation of settlement.