Due to operational demands, GRM are looking to recruit an Engineering Geologist to work in our geo-environmental consultancy team. Suitable applicants will be able to demonstrate a broad experience of Greenfield and Brownfield investigations in the UK.
Duties will include;
- The design, supervision and management of site investigations;
- Factual and Interpretative reporting (geotechnical and environmental);
- Basic (Tier 1) Risk Assessments – (Human Health, Controlled Waters, Ground Gas etc).
- Supervision of remediation and validation works;
- Preparation of Health & Safety Documentation and assistance in the collation of all project related health and safety information;
- Site visits and acting as a point of contact for clients;
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree in a geo-environmental field;
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience with a bias towards fieldwork and data acquisition;
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills;
- A strong interpersonal / team working skills;
- Ability to log soil and rock in accordance with the current British Standards;
- A good understanding of geotechnical and contaminated land investigation and foundation design is desirable;
- Understanding of relevant regulatory guidance;
- First Aid, Asbestos Awareness and CSCS qualifications are essential; but can be gained following employment;
- Full UK Driving License essential;
- The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate their right to work in the UK;
GRM offers a unique working environment, employment security, 4 x annual salary Life Insurance, 4-6% Matched Pension, Payment of Professional Membership, 32 days annual leave.
Salary range (dependent on experience) £22,000 – £25,000
To apply, please send your CV to Recruitment@grm-uk.com or post to: Recruitment, GRM, Laurus House, First Avenue, Burton on Trent, DE14 2WH